Friday, December 29, 2017

Cranberry Cream Cheese Turkey Sandwich

Cranberry Cream Cheese Turkey Sandwich: Savory Sweet and Satisfying

One of my favorite things about Thanksgiving is the leftover turkey for sandwiches. Thanksgiving turkey always makes the best sandwiches. 

For as long as I can remember, my mom would always make her sandwich the same way, Cranberry Orange Sauce spread on the bread and then topped with turkey. I never thought this combination sounded good or would taste good, but she loves it.

So, when I saw a recipe that used cranberry sauce in a turkey sandwich it made me think about the way my mom makes hers. Maybe her sandwich idea isn't so crazy after all. What intrigued me about the recipe I saw was it used cream cheese in the sandwich along with the cranberry sauce. 

Turns out cranberry sauce, cream cheese and turkey makes a really good sandwich. Good enough that I can't wait to have it next year!

Cranberry Cream Cheese Turkey Sandwich

Ingredients:

  • 2 slices bread, toasted
  • 2 tablespoons cream cheese
  • 2 tablespoons whole berry cranberry sauce
  • leftover Thanksgiving turkey

Directions:

  1. Spread 1 tablespoon of cream cheese on each slice of bread.
  2. Top the cream cheese with 1 tablespoon of cranberry sauce.
  3. Add desired amount of turkey to one slice of bread.
  4. Place the other slice of bread on top of the turkey.


Nutrition Facts

Serves: 1

Amount Per Serving

Calories 459

Total Fat

11.7g

Saturated Fat

6.8g

Polyunsaturated Fat

0.9g

Monounsaturated Fat

0.4g

Trans Fat

0g

Cholesterol

123.3mg

Sodium

458.2mg

Potassium

439.1mg

Total Carbohydrates

43.7g

Dietary Fiber

2.7g

Sugars

17.6g

Protein

42g

Vitamin A 4.31% Vitamin C 1.35%

Calcium 9.85% Iron 11.67%

*Nutritional information will vary depending on the brands you use.


*Adapted from Kitchen Nostalgia.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...