Tuesday, February 26, 2019

Jalapeño Cream Cheese Dip

Jalapeño Dip: Savory Sweet and Satisfying

I am a chip and dip kind of girl. If I am in the mood for a snack, some kind of chip and dip is what I almost always go for. It does not matter if it is a hot dip or cold dip.  I do prefer cheese dips and I do like them on the spicier side.

Jalapeño Dip: Savory Sweet and Satisfying

This dip meats my requirement of being cheesy, but lacked the spiciness I was looking for. You would think with all of the jalapeños in this dip it would be spicy, but the cream cheese tames the spice. I left the seeds from 1 jalapeño in, but found no real spiciness to the dip. Next time I will leave the seeds in at least 2 jalapeños but probably 3.

Even though I did not get the spiciness I was looking for this dip is really good and really easy, the most time consuming part of making this dish is dicing the pepper and jalapeños.

Jalapeño Cream Cheese Dip

Ingredients:

  • 2- 8 ounce packages cream cheese, room temperature
  • 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
  • 1 package dry ranch dressing mix
  • 1 red bell pepper, finely diced
  • 5 jalapeños, seeded and finely diced
  • scoop tortilla chips

Directions:

  1. In a large bowl combine the cream cheese, cheddar cheese, ranch dressing mix, diced red pepper and jalapeños.
  2. Spread the dip into an even layer, in a 3 quart oval or rectangular dish.
Enjoy!!!

Notes:
You can control the amount of spice this dip has by how many jalapeños you leave the seeds in.
*Adapted from Inspired by Charm.

7 comments:

  1. Add bacon and it becomes a Jalapeño Popper Cheese dip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can you make this a day in advance

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can you bake this to be a warm dip?

    ReplyDelete
  4. along with the bacon I also add chop green onions and cilantro chop fine

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bet you could also top this with more cheddar and bake it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...