Wednesday, February 27, 2019

Berry Banana Smoothie

Berry Banana Smoothie: Savory Sweet and Satisfying

You are going to be seeing smoothie recipes more regularly for awhile on this site. For many months I have been toying with having a smoothie after my morning run instead of cereal. Cereal does not keep my full until lunch time and I was not so sure it was the best nutritional to refuel me after a run.

I was planning on waiting until warmer weather to start trying different smoothie. Drinking a cold smoothie after a cold run did not sound too good, but I was getting really tired of being hungry just few hours after eating cereal. So I decided to give the smoothies a try, no matter how cold it is outside. So far, I have been enjoying my smoothies and most importantly I do not get hungry before lunch time. 

This smoothie has the perfect balance between the banana and berries. You can taste both of them without the banana overpowering the smoothie, like bananas sometimes can.

Berry Banana Smoothie

Ingredients:

  • 1 frozen banana
  • 1 cup frozen mixed berries
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 1/2 cup fat free Greek yogurt

Directions:

  1. Add all of the ingredients to a blender and blend until completely mixed and smooth.
  2. If smoothie is too thick, blend in more milk until desired consistency is reached.
Enjoy!!!

Notes:
The mixed berry blend I used had raspberries, blackberries and blueberries in it.


Nutrition Facts

Servings: 1

Amount Per Serving

Calories: 297

Total Fat

1.7g

Saturated Fat

0.9g

Polyunsaturated Fat

0.1g

Monounsaturated Fat

0g

Trans Fat

0g

Cholesterol

10mg

Sodium

126.3mg

Potassium

806.1mg

Total Carbohydrates

56.8g

Dietary Fiber

6.8g

Sugars

35.9g

Protein

17.9g

Vitamin A 8.6% Vitamin C 39.3%

Calcium 31.6% Iron 5.8%

*Nutritional information will vary depending on the brands you use.


*Adapted from Very Well Fit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...