Monday, October 3, 2016

Cranberry Orange Sauce

Cranberry Orange Sauce: Savory Sweet and Satisfying

Growing up my mom always made three different kinds of cranberry sauce, because almost all of us liked a different one. When I started hosting Thanksgiving at my house, I asked my mom for her cranberry recipe. She said she did not have it, but she thought she could remember it to give to me. I questioned how she could not have it and she said she always looks on the back of the cranberry bag for the recipe. Wait, what!? The recipe is on the back of the cranberry bag? So I looked on the bag of cranberries I had, but did not find it. It turns out is is only on the back of the Ocean Spray cranberry bag, but thankfully it is also on their website.


Here I was thinking she had this recipe and it turns out all she did was use one off of the bag. I guess I should start paying attention to the recipes on the back of bags and boxes, they may just end up being family favorites.

Cranberry Orange Sauce

Ingredients:
  • 1 unpeeled orange, cut into 8 pieces
  • 12 ounces fresh cranberries
  • 3/4 cup granulated sugar
Directions:
  1. Place half of the orange pieces and half of the cranberries into a food processor. Processor until everything is evenly chopped into small pieces.
  2. Transfer to a bowl and repeat with the remaining orange slices and cranberries.
  3. Stir in the sugar and refrigerate overnight.
Enjoy!!!

Notes:
This may also be made with a food grinder.

Nutrition Facts
Servings 8
Amount Per Serving
Calories 115
Total Fat
0g
Saturated Fat
0g
Polyunsaturated Fat
0g
Monounsaturated Fat
0g
Trans Fat
0g
Cholesterol
0g
Sodium
1.4g
Potassium
54.4g
Total Carbohydrates
28.9g
Dietary Fiber
2.5g
Sugars
24.1g
Protein
0.3g
Vitamin A 0.4% Vitamin C 32%
Calcium 1.8% Iron 0.3%
*Nutritional information will vary depending on the brands you use.

*Adapted from Ocean Spray.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...