Monday, May 12, 2014

Baked Parmesan Garlic Fries


I am always looking for new sides to go with burgers. More specifically new potato sides, I enjoy my burgers with potatoes. I used to just make fries, like my Baked Oven Fries and Spicy Oven Fries, but I got tired of those after awhile. So I expanded to other potato sides like my Cheesy Bacon Potato Rounds, Mustard Roasted Potatoes, Parmesan Roasted Potatoes and Three Cheese Potatoes.

When I came across this recipe for fries I knew I needed to make it because it incorporated sweet potatoes. Although sweet potatoes are not my favorite the rest of my family really likes them. I have to say crispy sweet potatoes are pretty good and good for you.

Baked Parmesan Garlic Fries

Ingredients:

  • 1 large sweet potato
  • 1 large russet potato
  • 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
  • 2 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 4 teaspoon grated parmesan cheese
  • 1/4 cup panko bread crumbs
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil

Directions:

  1. Slice potatoes into 1/4 inch slices and soak in water for at least 1 hour and up to 8 hours.
  2. Preheat oven to 450º F. Spray a nonstick baking sheet with cooking spray.
  3. Drain potatoes and pat dry with a kitchen towel. Put the potato slices in a large bowl and add black pepper, garlic powder, Parmesan cheese and panko bread crumbs. Toss to coat.
  4. Drizzle with olive oil and toss to coat again.
  5. Lay the potato slices in a single layer on prepared pan.
  6. Bake for 20-30 minutes, flipping the potatoes halfway through the cooking time, until the potatoes are golden brown and crispy.
Enjoy!!!

Just a note of caution: The last time I made these I doubled the recipe and was unable to lay the potatoes in a single layer to bake so they did not crisp up as much as I like. Doubling the recipe made a lot of fries (I used my mandolin to make then nice and thin) and I did not have enough baking sheets to lay them in one layer.

Serves: 4
Calories: 185
Total Fat: 9.4g
   Saturated: 2.6g
   Polyunsaturated: 0.8g
   Monounsaturated: 5g
   Trans: 0g
Cholesterol: 7.5mg
Sodium: 141.8mg
Potassium: 418.8mg
Total Carbs: 21.2g
   Dietary Fiber: 2.6g
   Sugars: 5.6g
Protein: 5.5g
Vitamin A: 193.5%
Vitamin C: 28.3%
Calcium: 13%
Iron: 4.2%
*The nutritional information will vary slightly depending on the brands you use.
*Adapted from Iowa Girl Eats.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...