Saturday, November 9, 2013

Mustard Roasted Potatoes


My husband will sometimes complain mention that I never make our favorite recipes again. Well he is in luck and will get this recipe again sometime soon. Not just because he liked it so much and wants it again, but because I want to do some tweaking to it. I loved how the potatoes came out texture wise. They were cooked perfectly, crispy on the outside and tender on the inside, however I was hoping for more of a mustard flavor. In fact my husband had no clue there was even mustard in it until I told him and he was very surprised.

Mustard Roasted Potatoes

I think I will add these to my weekly menu soon with some burgers. Now do I make a new burger recipe or a family favorite?

Mustard Roasted Potatoes

Ingredients:
  • 2 1/2 pounds red potatoes, skins on
  • 1 yellow onion
  • 3 tablespoons olive oil
  • 4 tablespoons coarse ground mustard
  • 1 teaspoon black pepper
Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 350° F.
  2. Cut potatoes in either halves or quarters, depending on the size of you potatoes, and place them on a baking sheet.
  3. Cut off the ends of the onion and remove the peel. Cut the onion in half and then slice it crosswise in 1/4 inch thick slices to make half rounds.
  4. Toss the onions with the potatoes on the baking sheet.
  5. Add the olive oil, mustard and pepper to the onions and potatoes and toss everything together.
  6. Bake for 45 minutes to an hour or until the potatoes are browned on the outside and tender on the inside.
  7. Toss the potatoes several times during the cook time to prevent them from sticking to the pan and to help them brown evenly on the outside.
Enjoy!!!

Serves: 6
Calories: 97.3
Total Fat: 7g
   Saturated: 1g
   Polyunsaturated: 0.8g
   Monounsaturated: 5g
   Trans: 0g
Cholesterol: 0mg
Sodium: 86.5mg
Potassium: 145.9mg
Total Carbs: 6.1g
   Dietary Fiber: 1.3g
   Sugars: 1.6g
Protein: 0.9g
Vitamin A: 0%
Vitamin C: 9.6%
Calcium: 1.1%
Iron: 2.1%
*The nutritional information will vary slightly depending on the brands you use.
*Adapted from Barefoot Contessa.

Enjoy!!!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...