Friday, April 5, 2024

Sheet Pan Pizza

Sheet Pan Pizza: Savory Sweet and Satisfying
 
As much as I enjoy making homemade pizza, I am not a fan of rolling out the dough. I always try and get it into the perfect circle and it never works. With this pizza there is no need to worry about getting that perfect circle shape, because all you have to do is roll it out into a rectangle and if it is not the perfect shape once you put it into the pan you can shape the dough to fit the pan.

Sheet Pan Pizza: Savory Sweet and Satisfying

With this pizza, I tried the cup n' crisp pepperoni and let me say, I loved them. The edges get a little crispy and I love the smaller size.

Normally I use my homemade pizza sauce when making homemade pizzas, but it has to simmer for 1-2 hours. So I decided to try the quick and easy sauce that was listed with the recipe. But I still used my homemade pizza dough and just weighed out 1 1/2 pounds of dough after it finished rising.

Sheet Pan Pizza

Ingredients:

  • 1 1/2 pounds pizza dough
  • 28 ounce can whole tomatoes, drained
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • 2 cloves garlic
  • 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
  • 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
  • 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
  • black pepper, to taste
  • 1/4 cup yellow cornmeal
  • 8 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
  • 1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
  • 5 ounces Hormel cup n' crisp pepperoni

Directions:

  1. If the pizza dough was in the refrigerator, let stand, lightly covered, at room temperature for 1 hour.
  2. Preheat the oven to 500º F. Lightly coat a 15x10 inch jelly roll pan with olive oil.
  3. In a food processor, add in the tomatoes, olive oil, garlic, oregano, basil, red pepper flakes and black pepper. Process until tomatoes are broken down.
  4. Sprinkle some cornmeal onto a clean working surface and roll out the dough into a 15x10 inch rectangle. Transfer the dough to the prepared jelly roll pan and press the dough into the pan.
  5. Spread the tomato mixture onto the dough, leaving a 1/2 inch border.
  6. Sprinkle the cheese on top and place on the pepperoni.
  7. Bake on the lowest rack, rotating the pan once, for 16-18 minutes or until the crust is golden brown and the pepperoni is crisp.
Enjoy!!!
*Adapted from Damn Delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...