Friday, September 3, 2021

Sweetened Condensed Milk Latte

Sweetened Condensed Milk Latte: Savory Sweet and Satisfying

Sometimes the best recipes come from the need to use an ingredient up. One of my biggest frustrations when cooking and baking is having small amounts of an ingredient, like sweetened condensed, leftover. I don't want to waste it, but I am not the most confident creating my own recipes and it is not easy to find a recipe that uses a small amount of some ingredients.

That issue is how this recipe was born. I remembered my favorite iced coffee and decided to try a hot version. Adding sweetened condensed milk to a latte makes for one sweet tasting latte, but also very delicious. The first time I made this latte I used 3 1/2 tablespoons of sweetened condensed milk, because that is how much I had leftover. The latte turned out very sweet, a little too sweet for me, can't believe I just said that given I love sweets. So I recommend using 2-3 tablespoons depending on how much sweetness you want in your latte.

Sweetened Condensed Milk Latte

Ingredients:

  • 2-3 tablespoons sweetened condensed milk
  • 1/2 cup strong brewed coffee
  • 8 ounces milk
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla extract

Directions:

  1. Add the sweetened condensed milk to a mug and pour the hot coffee over top. Stir to combine.
  2. Add the milk and vanilla extract to a glass measuring cup. Microwave for 30 seconds to 1 minute or until the milk is hot, but not boiling. Whisk the milk until it become frothy, pour over the hot coffee.
Enjoy!!!


Nutrition Facts

Servings: 1

Amount Per Serving

Calories: 321

Total Fat

7g

    Saturated Fat

3.8g

    Trans Fat

0g

    Polyunsaturated Fat

0g

    Monounsaturated Fat

0.8g

Cholesterol

25mg

Sodium

180.8mg

Total Carbohydrates

46.2g

    Dietary Fiber

0g

    Sugars

44.5g

Protein

12.7g

Calcium

37%

Iron

0%

Potassium

669.3mg

Vitamin A

13%

Vitamin C

5%

*Nutritional information will vary depending on the brands you use.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...