Tuesday, June 30, 2020

Salt and Vinegar Potatoes


I was never really a fan of salt and vinegar chips until I got pregnant with my second child and then that is what I craved all the time. My husband bought me every brand and type he could find until I found the best tasting one, I believe it was Pringles at the time. Now I prefer kettle cooked salt and vinegar potato chips, they are so good.


When I came across this recipe for potatoes I knew I had to try it since I love the flavor combination so much in chips. While I was making it, I was not so sure I was going to like it. It had a very strong vinegar smell. However, the end result was absolutely delicious. Surprisingly my husband loves these, I mean absolutely loves them. He can take or leave this flavor combination in a chip, but these potatoes, he came back for thirds and said these are the best potatoes I have made in a long time.

Salt and Vinegar Potatoes

Ingredients:

  • 2 pounds Yukon gold potatoes
  • 1 cup + 2 tablespoons white vinegar, divided
  • 1 tablespoon kosher salt, plus more
  • 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
  • black pepper, to taste
  • 1 pinch sea salt

Directions:

  1. Cut the potatoes into bite sized pieces. Depending on the size of your potatoes it could mean cutting them in half or in quarters. Just cut them relatively all the same size.
  2. In a large pot, add the potatoes, 1 cup vinegar and 1 tablespoon kosher salt. Bring the mixture to a boil, reduce the heat to a simmer and allow the simmer for 20 minutes or until the potatoes are fork tender.
  3. Drain the potatoes and then return them to the hot pot. Allow them to sit for about 2 minutes so the water on the outside of the potatoes evaporates. This allows for the outside of the potatoes to get nice and crispy.
  4. In a large skillet, over medium-high heat, melt the butter.
  5. Add in the potatoes and season generously with black pepper and desired amount of salt. Allow the potatoes to cook, stirring and flipping occasionally until golden brown and crispy.
  6. Remove the potatoes from the heat and stir in 2 tablespoons vinegar and a pinch of sea salt.2 pounds
Enjoy!!!


Nutrition Facts

Servings: 4

Amount Per Serving

Calories: 225

Total Fat

5.7g

Saturated Fat

3.6g

Polyunsaturated Fat

0.1g

Monounsaturated Fat

1.5g

Trans Fat

0g

Cholesterol

15mg

Sodium

951.1mg

Potassium

954.8mg

Total Carbohydrates

56.7g

Dietary Fiber

5g

Sugars

1.8g

Protein

4.6g

Vitamin A 5% Vitamin C 59.6%

Calcium 2.7% Iron 9.8%

*Nutritional information will vary depending on the brands you use.


*Adapted from My Kitchen Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...