Thursday, May 21, 2020

Reuben Dip

Reuben Dip: Savory Sweet and Satisfying

I never got around to making corned beef for St. Patricks Day this year. Life was hectic and making corned beef was not a priority. I ended up throwing it in the freezer to use later when things were not so crazy. In one aspect things got crazier, the world got crazy, but life in a way got simpler. No more busy schedules, running around after school/work, rushed dinners and trying to get everything done before bed.

Even though kids are doing school from home, they do not need much help just a little bit here and there and the husband and I are working from home, so that gives me more time in the kitchen to make dinner. So it seemed like the perfect time to pull out the corned beef. Since I cook it in the crock pot it takes 8 hours to cook and doing that on a normal work/school days does not work.

When serving this dip you have several options. I used rye chips, cause my family loves them and I knew they would taste amazing with this dip. But you could also use Triscuits or the bread like crackers. I have no idea what those crackers are called I just know they look like mini pieces of bread and are crunchy.

This dip is so cheesy and addicting! I may have eaten some of the leftovers for lunch on a few days. I just couldn’t help myself.

Reuben Dip

Ingredients:

  • 8 ounce package cream cheese, room temperature
  • 1/4 cup sour cream
  • 1/4 cup thousand island dressing
  • 1/2 cup well drained sauerkraut
  • 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
  • 8 ounces corned beef, diced
  • crackers or rye chips

Directions:

  1. Preheat the oven to 400º F. Spray a 1 1/2 quart oval baking dish with cooking spray.
  2. In a large bowl, stir together the cream cheese, sour cream and thousand island dressing until smooth.
  3. Add in the sauerkraut, cheese and corned beef, stir until well mixed.
  4. Transfer the the mixture to the prepared baking dish and bake for 15-20 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
  5. Serve with crackers or rye chips.
Enjoy!!!
*Adapted from Culinary Hill.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...