Tuesday, July 30, 2019

Simple Cherry Syrup

Cherry Coffee Syrup: Savory Sweet and Satisfying

It has taken me several tries to get this syrup just right, but it was so worth it. I love this syrup in my coffee, both hot and cold varieties. It adds the perfect tart cherry flavor I love so much to my. Check back the next two days to see how I use this syrup in my coffee.

Cherry Coffee Syrup

Ingredients:

  • 1 1/2 cups frozen tart cherries
  • 3/4 cup granulated sugar
  • 3/4 cup water

Directions:

  1. In a medium saucepan, heat the cherries, sugar and water over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally.
  2. When the mixture comes to a boil, reduce the heat to a simmer and simmer for 10 minutes or until the cherries are softened and sugar is dissolved.
  3. Remove from the heat and let cool for 10 minutes.
  4. Transfer the mixture to a blender and blend for about 1 minute.
  5. Stain the mixture through a fine mesh sieve.
Enjoy!!!
*Adapted from Smart Little Cookie.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...