Wednesday, March 13, 2019

Pizza Chili

Pizza Chili: Savory Sweet and Satisfying

Just before Christmas last year, I ended up getting some sort of stomach bug and couldn't keep anything down for a couple of days. The last thing I ate before I got sick was a bowl of chili and after getting sick I swore off chili. I did not want to smell chili, let alone taste it. 

However, when looking for a soup for lunch, this "soup" sounded good. I put soup in quotations because I thought it was a pizza soup, but when I went to make it, realized it was a chili. Since it was what I had planned for lunch I made it. When I tried it I knew I had a new chili recipe for my collection. 

This chili tastes like pizza in a bowl. So delicious that I could not wait to have the leftovers for lunch the next day. If you are looking for a different type of chili and you like pizza (Who am I kidding, who doesn't like pizza!) then this chili recipe is one you will want to try. 

Pizza Chili

Ingredients:

  • 1 pound Italian sausage
  • 1 yellow onion, diced
  • 1 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 15 ounces pizza sauce
  • 8 ounces tomato sauce
  • 15 ounces ranch style beans, undrained
  • 15 ounces Italian stewed tomatoes, undrained
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
  • 1 teaspoon chili powder
  • 5 ounces sliced pepperoni
  • 24 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese

Directions:

  1. In a large skillet cook the Italian sausage and onions until the sausage is completely cooked and crumbled and the onions are tender.
  2. Transfer the meat and onion mixture to a crock pot and add all of the remaining ingredients, except the mozzarella cheese.
  3. Cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 4-6 hours.
  4. Serve chili and top each serving with about 1/3 cup mozzarella cheese.
Enjoy!!!


Nutrition Facts

Servings: 8

Amount Per Serving

Calories: 469

Total Fat

29.8g

Saturated Fat

12.7g

Polyunsaturated Fat

0.4g

Monounsaturated Fat

2.5g

Trans Fat

0g

Cholesterol

72.3mg

Sodium

1381.4mg

Potassium

307.1mg

Total Carbohydrates

21.5g

Dietary Fiber

5.1g

Sugars

7.8g

Protein

28.9g

Vitamin A 21.8% Vitamin C 17.9%

Calcium 40% Iron 14.9%

*Nutritional information will vary depending on the brands you use.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...