Thursday, August 30, 2018

Loaded Nachos

Loaded Nachos: Savory Sweet and Satisfying

It is no secret that I love nachos. I could eat them at least once a week and never get tired of them. I already have a nacho recipe that I love, which you can check out here, but these loaded nachos intrigued me enough to try them. 

I am so glad that I tried these, because they are so delicious. Plus Frito Scoops are added along with the tortilla chips making these nachos extra special. 

Loaded Nachos

Ingredients:

  • 13 ounce bag tortilla chips
  • 10.5 ounce bag Fritos Scoops
  • 12 ounces shredded Monterey Jack Cheese
  • 12 ounces shredded sharp cheddar cheese
  • 16 ounces refried beans
  • 15 ounces black beans, rinsed and drained
  • 1/2 pound ground turkey
  • 1 packet taco seasoning
  • 1 poblano pepper, seeded and diced
  • 1 medium yellow onion, finely chopped
  • 6 green onions, chopped
  • taco sauce
  • salsa
  • sour cream
  • pickled jalapeños
  • sliced black olives

Directions:

  1. Cook the ground turkey, until completely cooked.
  2. Add 2/3 cup water to the meat and add in the taco seasoning and combine all together.
  3. Bring the mixture to a boil and then simmer for about 5 minutes stir occasionally.
  4. Using two baking sheets, divide the tortilla chips and Fritos Scoops and spread out.
  5. Top the chips evenly with both cheeses, refried beans, taco meat, poblano pepper and onion.
  6. Broil the nachos for 3-6 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the chips are starting to brown around the edges.
  7. Remove the nachos from the oven and top with the remaining ingredients or serve the nachos and let everyone top their own nachos with the remaining ingredients.
Enjoy!!!

Notes:
I used my my Homemade Taco Seasoning.

You can leave off toppings depending on your personal tastes. I left off the refried beans, because some people in my family do not like refried beans.

I let everyone put on their own taco sauce, salsa, jalapeños and sour cream on their serving of nachos.
*Adapted from Brown Eyed Baker.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...