Thursday, August 24, 2017

Spicy Tuna Fish Wrap

Spicy Tuna Fish Wrap: Savory Sweet and Satisfying

Sometimes the most simple meals are the best. Take this one for example. I had some leftover shredded lettuce and was trying to decide what to use it with. Then I had a craving for some tuna fish salad, so I decided to put the two together and add some jalapeños, since I always have a jar in my fridge. While at the store they had some flat bread on sale so I decided to use that, but a pita, or tortilla would work as well. Actually the flatbread I used did not roll up well and broke at the sides, so next time I would use a pita, since I love pita's and the flavor is similar to the flatbread I used.


Spicy Tuna Fish Wrap

Ingredients:

  • pita, or tortilla
  • shredded lettuce
  • tuna salad
  • pickled jalapeño slices

Directions:

  1. Place the shredded lettuce on the tortilla or place in the bottom of a pita. Top with your tuna salad and then add your desired amount of pickled jalapeño slices.
Enjoy!!!

Notes:
For the tuna salad, just prepare the canned tuna like you normally would for a tuna fish sandwich. For mine I add some miracle whip, a squeeze of mustard and some dill pickle relish. I never measure for my tuna fish, I just add and taste and then adjust as needed.

I used 1 can of tuna which made two servings for this wrap.

The nutritional info is calculated using a pita.


Nutrition Facts

Serves: 2

Amount Per Serving

Calories 247

Total Fat

4g

Saturated Fat

0g

Polyunsaturated Fat

1g

Monounsaturated Fat

0g

Trans Fat

0g

Cholesterol

37.5mg

Sodium

896.5g

Potassium

470g

Total Carbohydrates

22.8g

Dietary Fiber

6.2g

Sugars

2.2g

Protein

27.6g

Vitamin A 11.25% Vitamin C 0.5%

Calcium 0.25% Iron 4.25%

*Nutritional information will vary depending on the brands you use.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...