Friday, May 1, 2015

Buckeye Ice Cream

Buckeye Ice Cream: Savory Sweet and Satisfying

I typically have at least one ice cream in the freezer at all times and most of those times I have to beg my husband to at least try a bite and give me his opinion. However, with this ice cream I did not have to beg, once he found out what kind of ice cream it was he was eating a bowlful of it and claimed it to be the best ice cream I have ever made! You see my husband is a big peanut butter fan, so most things I make with peanut butter is a hit with him.

I will say this ice cream is very good. The peanut butter flavor is not overpowering, it is just the right amount of flavor and the accent of chocolate just makes it better.

Buckeye Ice Cream

Ingredients:

  • 1 1/2 ounces cream cheese softened
  • 1/2 cup peanut butter
  • 2 tablespoons honey
  • 2 cups half and half
  • 1 1/4 cups heavy cream
  • 2/3 cups granulated sugar
  • 4 ounces semi sweet chocolate, chopped and melted

Directions:

  1. Place freezer safe container for storing the ice cream in the freezer.
  2. In a large bowl mix together the cream cheese, peanut butter and honey until smooth.
  3. Gradually add in the half and half, mixing until completely combined.
  4. Add in the heavy cream and sugar, mixing until sugar is dissolved.
  5. Pour mixture into your ice cream machine and churn according to manufacturer's directions.
  6. During the last 5 minutes of churning time drizzle the melted chocolate into the ice cream maker in a steady stream.
  7. Take storage container out of the freezer and transfer ice cream into it. Cover and freeze.
Enjoy!!!

*Adapted by Cook Like a Champion.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...