Friday, March 24, 2017

Nutella Hot Chocolate


When everyone else was on the Nutella bandwagon and using it so many different recipes, I was in love with another product. So Jif, please bring back your Mocha Cappuccino Hazelnut Spread, I love it and wish I could still buy it.

I used to use Jif's Mocha Cappuccino Hazelnut Spread in place of Nutella in every recipe, until one day I could not find it in any store or online, I was so bummed. Once I got over being all bummed I finally gave Nutella a chance and have used it in several recipes, like this hot chocolate.

I still would prefer my Mocha Cappuccino Hazelnut Spread, but I have to say Nutella is pretty delicious, and most importantly it makes for a delicious and easy hot chocolate.

Nutella Hot Chocolate

Ingredients:

  • 1 cup half and half
  • 3 cups skim milk
  • 1 cup Nutella

Directions:

  1. In a medium saucepan, add the half and half and milk. Heat over medium-high heat for about 4-5 minutes, just until the mixture is hot, but not boiling.
  2. Add in the Nutella and whisk until completely melted and mixed. Again do not let the mixture boil, turn down the heat if the mixture begins to boil.
  3. Pour into mugs and top with whipped cream or marshmallows.
Notes:
You could use 2% or whole milk in place of the milk and half and half mixture.


Nutrition Facts

Serves: 4

Amount Per Serving

Calories 348

Total Fat

19g

Saturated Fat

8g

Polyunsaturated Fat

0g

Monounsaturated Fat

0g

Trans Fat

0g

Cholesterol

35.8g

Sodium

137.5g

Potassium

80g

Total Carbohydrates

33.8g

Dietary Fiber

2g

Sugars

30g

Protein

10g

Vitamin A 11.5% Vitamin C 3%

Calcium 35.4% Iron 4%

*Nutritional information will vary depending on the brands you use.


*Adapted from Cravings of a Lunatic.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...