Thursday, July 28, 2016

Fish Tacos with Lime Cabbage Slaw

 Fish Tacos with Lime Cabbage Slaw: Savory Sweet and Satisfying

I have to say I surprised myself by making two fish taco recipes in a row. I knew I wanted to try one for my husband who loves fish tacos, but two? I was not sure I could handle two fish tacos in a row, but when buying ingredients for the slaws, I could use it up between the two recipes with no waste.

As with the other fish taco recipe this one surprised me. It was not that bad, but more importantly my husband loved it and said to keep both recipes and make them again whenever I wanted. Maybe one day I will actually like fish, it sure would make by husband happy.

Fish Tacos with Lime Cabbage Slaw

Ingredients:

  • 2 tablespoons canola oil
  • 2 tablespoon fresh lime juice
  • 1 clove garlic, minced
  • 1 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
  • 1/2 teaspoon paprika
  • 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
  • black pepper, to taste
  • 1 pound tilapia fish fillets
  • 6 flour tortillas
  • 1/2 small red cabbage, thinly sliced (about 8 ounces)
  • 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
  • 3/4 cup thinly sliced red onion, run under cold water to remove harsh bite
  • 2 tablespoon fresh lime juice
  • 1 tablespoon canola oil
  • black pepper, to taste

Directions:

  1. In a small bowl whisk together the canola oil, lime juice, garlic, chili powder, ground cumin, paprika, cayenne powder and black pepper.
  2. Place the fish in a resealable bag and pour marinade over top. Seal the bag and turn a few times to evenly coat the fish. Refrigerate for 20 minutes maximum 30 minutes.
  3. While the fish is marinading, toss together all of the slaw ingredients in a large bowl.
  4. Remove the fish from the marinade and cook your preferred way, until completely cooked. Transfer the fish to a plate and use a fork to break into large pieces.
  5. Place the fish on a tortilla and then top with the slaw.
Enjoy!!!


Nutrition Facts

Yields: 6

Amount Per Serving

Calories 262

Total Fat

9.8g

Saturated Fat

2.5g

Polyunsaturated Fat

2.9g

Monounsaturated Fat

3.5g

Trans Fat

0g

Cholesterol

42.7g

Sodium

340.2g

Potassium

310.4g

Total Carbohydrates

20.1g

Dietary Fiber

13.3g

Sugars

0.2g

Protein

24.5g

Vitamin A 6.2% Vitamin C 2.8%

Calcium 6.5% Iron 11.2%

*Nutritional information will vary depending on the brands you use.


*Adapted from Cooking Classy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...