Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Caramel Mocha Latte

Caramel Mocha Latte: Savory Sweet and Satisfying

Sometimes in the afternoon I need a pick me up. In other words, I am getting tired and need something to help keep me awake and going. Coffee seems like the logical choice, but I am always afraid if I have a cup of it in the afternoon, I will have trouble going to sleep at night.

One day I decided to try this drink, figuring it was a small amount of coffee, so hopefully it would pick me up and not keep me up at night. Turns out it worked perfectly, just the pick me up I needed with out keeping me up at night. Oh and it just happens to be delicious.

Caramel Mocha Latte

Ingredients:

  • 1 cup milk
  • 2 tablespoons caramel topping
  • 2 tablespoons hot chocolate mix
  • 1/2 cup strong brewed coffee, hot

Optional Toppings

  • whipped cream
  • caramel topping

Directions:

  1. In a small saucepan combine the milk, caramel and hot chocolate mix.
  2. Bring the mixture to a boil, stirring often.
  3. Once milk mixture comes to a boil carefully transfer to a blender and pulse until frothy.
  4. Pour milk mixture into a mug and then slowly pour the hot coffee down one side of the mug into the frothy milk.
  5. Top with whipped cream and a drizzle of caramel if desired.
Enjoy!!!

Serves: 1
Calories: 281
Total Fat: 2.5g
   Saturated: 2.5g
   Polyunsaturated: 0g
   Monounsaturated: 0g
   Trans: 0g
Cholesterol: 5mg
Sodium: 442.4mg
Potassium: 478mg
Total Carbs: 55g
   Dietary Fiber: 1g
   Sugars: 46g
Protein: 9.6g
Vitamin A: 10%
Vitamin C: 4%
Calcium: 67.2%
Iron: 4.1%
*The nutritional information will vary slightly depending on the brands you use.
*Adapted from Inside Bru Crew Life. 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...