Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Chipotle Deviled Eggs

Savory Sweet and Satisfying: Chipotle Deviled Eggs

I love, love, love deviled eggs!!! They are so delicious and yummy!!

So when I some how stumbled upon this recipe many months ago I knew I had to make it. However waiting until Easter was going to be torture, absolute torture. Then a few months later I had a thought... why do I have to wait for Easter? Um...because that is when you make deviled eggs?

Growing up that was the only time of year we had deviled eggs. Makes sense because typically you have a bunch of hard boiled eggs on hand and using them to make deviled eggs is a good way to use them up. So I guess I got it into my head that deviled eggs are an Easter thing.

Once I convinced myself that I could actually make and enjoy deviled eggs anytime of the year, I had these made and my family and I were enjoying them in no time. Such a wonderfully tasty way to change up the traditional deviled egg.

Chipotle Deviled Eggs

Ingredients:

Southwest Seasoning

  • 1 tablespoon chili powder
  • 1 teaspoon ground cumin
  • 1 tablespoon paprika
  • 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
  • 1/2 tablespoon ground coriander
  • 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
  • 1/2 tablespoon garlic powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
  • 1/2 tablespoon dried oregano

Deviled Eggs

  • 12 hard boiled eggs
  • 1/2 cup light mayonnaise
  • 2 tablespoons finely minced pickled jalapeños
  • 2 tablespoons chipotles in adobo sauce
  • 1/2 teaspoon southwest seasoning
  • 1/4 teaspoon paprika

Directions:

  1. Thoroughly combine all of the seasonings in a small bowl. Set aside (you will not use it all).
  2. Peel the eggs and slice in half lengthwise.
  3. Carefully remove yolk and place into a medium bowl.
  4. Add in the mayonnaise, jalapeños, chipotle peppers and southwest seasoning. Mix well.
  5. Spoon or pipe into the egg white halves.
  6. Cover and chill for at least an hour.
  7. Sprinkle with paprika just before serving.
Enjoy!!!

Serves: 12
Calories: 99
Total Fat: 6.1g
   Saturated: 1.6g
   Polyunsaturated: 0.5g
   Monounsaturated: 0.8g
   Trans: 0g
Cholesterol: 215mg
Sodium: 177.5mg
Potassium: 87.5mg
Total Carbs: 4.7g
   Dietary Fiber: 1.7g
   Sugars: 0.7g
Protein: 6.6g
Vitamin A: 28%
Vitamin C: 4.1%
Calcium: 3.5%
Iron: 7.8%
*The nutritional information will vary slightly depending on the brands you use.
*Adapted from Food Network.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...