Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Peanut Butter Granola Bars

Peanut Butter Granola Bars

I have made these granola bars several times and every time I have made them slightly different. Depending on the ingredients in my pantry. This time I made them they turned out the best they ever had thanks to this new peanut butter I found.

My local grocery store gave me a free container of this new Planters Nut-rition. It is basically peanut butter with stuff added to it and they have several varieties to choose from. I got cinnamon raisin granola nut.

Nobody in my family seemed to care for this new peanut butter on bread or in sandwiches, so when I was getting ready to make these granola bars I decided to try this peanut butter and it was the best choice. These granola bars turned out the most delicious they ever have. I am going to have to try the other varieties of this peanut butter to see how the other flavors work.

If you do not want to use this new peanut butter you do have other options. You can use crunchy peanut butter instead or you can use creamy peanut butter and add 1/2 cup chopped unsalted peanuts with the oats. After mixing the oats, honey and peanut butter you can mix in some dried fruit, chocolate or peanut butter chips, basically whatever you desire.

Peanut Butter Granola Bars

Ingredients:

  • 4 cups old fashioned rolled oats
  • 1 cup Planters Nut-rition peanut butter, melted
  • 3/4 cup honey

Directions:

  1. In a large bowl, combine oats, peanut butter and honey until everything is mixed well and the oats are moistened.
  2. Press the mixture into a greased 9x13 baking dish, pressing down hard, to make the bars will hold together when cut.
  3. Refrigerate for at least 60 minutes before cutting and serving.
  4. Store in refrigerator.
Enjoy!!!

Serves: 16
Calories: 210
Total Fat: 8.5g
   Saturated: 1.5g
   Polyunsaturated: 2.5g
   Monounsaturated: 4g
   Trans: 0g
Cholesterol: 0mg
Sodium: 65mg
Potassium: 0mg
Total Carbs: 31.8g
   Dietary Fiber: 3g
   Sugars: 15g
Protein: 5.5g
Vitamin A: 0%
Vitamin C: 0%
Calcium: 1%
Iron: 7%
*The nutritional information will vary slightly depending on the brands you use.
*Adapted from Savoring the Thyme.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...