Wednesday, December 13, 2023

Coconut Latte

Coconut Latte: Savory Sweet and Satisfying
 
I like coconut, one of my favorite ice creams is toasted coconut. But I would not say I love coconut and I am probably not going to go into a coffee shop and order some coconut latte. However, making it at home is a different story, plus I always need new recipes for my blog.

I figured this coffee was going to be okay. I would drink it, but it would not be a favorite and I might not even post it. Boy was I wrong!! This latte was so delicious. 

The original recipe said it made two servings and I toyed with cutting the recipe in half. But that would have only been 4 ounces of coffee and 4 ounces of milk for a total of 8 ounces. Plus cutting 1/8 teaspoon and a splash in half would not have been easy. So I decided to make the whole recipe. Right before I hit the brew button to make the coffee, I wondered it it would even fit in my mug. I took a gamble and hoped it would fit. Well, it kind of fit. It definitely filled the mug to the top without an inch to spare so I took a sip to make room for the lid. I got mostly foam, but oh boy was that delicious foam. When I put the lid on, the foam filled the top of the lid. I did not care as I enjoyed that foam. Once I actually took a sip of the latte, I was incredibly happy I made the whole recipe and enjoyed that coffee to the very last sip. I am going to have to make sure I always have a can of coconut milk in my pantry so I can make this anytime I want.

Coconut Latte

Ingredients:

  • 8 ounces strong brewed coffee
  • 1 cup canned coconut milk
  • 1 tablespoon brown sugar
  • 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • dash vanilla extract

Directions:

  1. Pour 4 ounces of coffee into two mugs.
  2. In a glass measuring cup, combine the coconut milk, brown sugar, cinnamon and vanilla. Microwave for 30 seconds. using a forther forth the milk.
  3. Pour the milk and spoon the froth evenly between the two mugs.
Enjoy!!!


Nutrition Facts

Servings: 2

Amount Per Serving

Calories: 217

Total Fat

17.3g

    Saturated Fat

17.2g

    Trans Fat

0g

    Polyunsaturated Fat

0g

    Monounsaturated Fat

0g

Cholesterol

0mg

Sodium

22.6mg

Total Carbohydrates

10.2g

    Dietary Fiber

0.1g

    Sugars

9.9g

Protein

4g

Calcium

0.2%

Iron

0.1%

Potassium

324.1mg

Vitamin A

0%

Vitamin C

0%

*Nutritional information will vary depending on the brands you use.


*Adapted from One Sweet Appetite.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...