Friday, May 12, 2023

Jalapeño Popper Pinwheels

Jalapeño Popper Pinwheels: Savory Sweet and Satisfying

These tortillas make a great snack, appetizer or I would even eat one or even two whole ones for lunch. Actually, I probably ate almost two when I made these for our family movies night. At the end of the night there were none left and this was not they only snack we had. I guess my family liked them, I know I sure did. 

The best part about these tortillas, is I always have the ingredients on hand, so I can make them anytime I want. Well, maybe that is not such a good thing. 

Jalapeño Popper Pinwheels

Ingredients:

  • 2-8 ounce packages cream cheese, softened
  • 4 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
  • 1/3 cup pickles jalapeño slices, diced
  • 1/4 cup cooked and crumbed low sodium turkey bacon
  • 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
  • black pepper, to taste
  • 4-5 8-inch flour tortillas

Directions:

  1. In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese until smooth.
  2. Add in the cheddar cheese, diced jalapeños, bacon, garlic powder and black pepper. Beat on low until well mixed. 
  3. Divide the mixture evenly between the tortillas and spread to cover the tortilla. 
  4. Tightly roll up the tortillas and wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
  5. For serving, cut off the ends of each tortilla and then cut into slices.
Enjoy!!!


Nutrition Facts

Servings: 8

Amount Per Serving

Calories: 344

Total Fat

25.3g

    Saturated Fat

15.6g

    Trans Fat

0g

    Polyunsaturated Fat

0.6g

    Monounsaturated Fat

0g

Cholesterol

77.5mg

Sodium

563.6mg

Total Carbohydrates

22.6g

    Dietary Fiber

2.5g

    Sugars

2.6g

Protein

11.2g

Calcium

23.4%

Iron

5.1%

Potassium

3.3mg

Vitamin A

5%

Vitamin C

0%

*Nutritional information will vary depending on the brands you use.


*Adapted from Mother Thyme.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...