Friday, February 3, 2023

Cheesy Toast

Cheesy Toast: Savory Sweet and Satisfying

I have found some of the best recipes come from me needing use up an ingredient. In this case it was some ricotta cheese that I needed to use up. I know some people can spread ricotta on a piece of toast and enjoy it. I am not one of those people. That's why this recipe ended up being perfect, it used up my ricotta, but it wasn’t just plain ricotta on toast.
 
Cheesy Toast: Savory Sweet and Satisfying

I really enjoyed this delicious toast and it made a great breakfast. This is going to be my go to any time I have a little bit of ricotta to use up.

Cheesy Toast

Ingredients:

  • 1 egg
  • 1/4 cup (1 ounce) sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
  • 2 1/2 tablespoons ricotta cheese, slightly rounded
  • black pepper, to taste
  • unsalted butter, softened
  • 2 slices whole wheat bread

Directions:

  1. Preheat the broiler to high.
  2. In a small bowl, whisk the egg. Add in the cheddar cheese, ricotta cheese and black pepper. Stir until well mixed.
  3. Spread each slice of bread with a little bit of butter. Divide the egg mixture in half and spread onto each slice of bread.
  4. Broil for 4-8 minutes or until golden brown.
Enjoy!!!

Notes:
I used about 1/2 tablespoon of butter for both pieces of bread.


Nutrition Facts

Servings: 2

Amount Per Serving

Calories: 429

Total Fat

23.4g

    Saturated Fat

11.3g

    Trans Fat

0g

    Polyunsaturated Fat

0.5g

    Monounsaturated Fat

3.5g

Cholesterol

242.5mg

Sodium

603.9mg

Total Carbohydrates

38.2g

    Dietary Fiber

2.1g

    Sugars

5.3g

Protein

23.4g

Calcium

32.5%

Iron

16.3%

Potassium

7.6mg

Vitamin A

19.7%

Vitamin C

0%

*Nutritional information will vary depending on the brands you use.


*Adapted from FlavCity.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...