Wednesday, November 2, 2022

Cranberry Orange Smoothie


I almost always have some frozen cranberries in my freezer. I buy them when they are in season and since they freeze so well, throw the leftovers in the freezer. That works perfectly if I want to use them in the off season or have trouble finding them in stores like I did last year. Plus now I can make this delicious smoothie anytime I want.

I love cranberries and the tartness of them. They pair so well with orange juice in this smoothie. 

When I originally made this smoothie, I halved the recipe, but it did not make quite enough for one of my after run smoothies. So the next time I tried to make 3/4 of the recipe and it did not turn out as delicious. So I make the whole recipe and either drink the whole thing after a run or share a little bit with one of my girls. 

Cranberry Orange Smoothie

Ingredients:

  • 10 ounces orange juice
  • 1 cup frozen cranberries
  • 1/2 cup frozen strawberries
  • 1/3 cup non fat Greek yogurt
  • 1 tablespoon lemon juice
  • 1 teaspoon honey

Directions:

  1. Add all of the ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth.
Enjoy!!!

Notes:
Makes 1 large smoothie or two smaller ones.


Nutrition Facts

Servings: 1

Amount Per Serving

Calories: 326

Total Fat

1.2g

    Saturated Fat

0.8g

    Trans Fat

0g

    Polyunsaturated Fat

0g

    Monounsaturated Fat

0g

Cholesterol

10.1mg

Sodium

95.6mg

Total Carbohydrates

67.2g

    Dietary Fiber

7g

    Sugars

48.6g

Protein

15.7g

Calcium

26.2%

Iron

22.8%

Potassium

=1,132.1mg

Vitamin A

6.2%

Vitamin C

235%

*Nutritional information will vary depending on the brands you use.


*Adapted from Cotter Crunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...