Wednesday, October 12, 2022

Homemade Chili Lime Seasoning

Homemade Chili Lime Seasoning: Savory Sweet and Satisfying

I am always hesitant to buy a new spice just for one recipe. If the recipe doesn’t turn out, I am not sure if I will use the spice again, but even if the recipe does turn out, with all the new recipes I try, I don't know when I would get back to the recipe again. So, I always look for a homemade version that I can make just for the one recipe.

This is how I came across this recipe for chili lime seasoning. When I made this recipe I used fresh lime zest since I was going to be using the seasoning right away. I will included directions for how to dry the zest so you can make this and save it for later use. Dried lime zest will last for about 1 year in an air tight container.

Homemade Chili Lime Seasoning

Ingredients:

  • 1 tablespoon chili powder
  • 1 teaspoon paprika
  • 1/2 teaspoon cayenne powder
  • 1 teaspoon dried lime zest

Directions:

  1. In a small bowl, combine all of the ingredients and mix well.
  2. Store in an airtight container.

Dried Lime Zest- Oven Method

  1. Preheat oven to lowest temperature possible.
  2. Spread zest onto a parchment paper lined baking sheet.
  3. Bake until the zest is dry and shriveled and crispy. This could take anywhere form 30 minutes to 1 hour.

Dried Lime Zest- Counter Method

  1. Spread the zest out on a parchment paper lined baking sheet or a dish. Cover loosely with a paper towel.
  2. Let sit at room temperature until completely dry, about 1day. The more zest you have the longer it may take to dry.
  3. Store dried zest in an airtight container.
Enjoy!!!

Notes:
To use fresh lime zest, use 1 tablespoon instead of the 1 teaspoon dried.

Spices/seasonings are best stored in a dark and dry location, this helps to keep them as fresh as possible.


Nutrition Facts

Servings: 1 batch

Amount Per Serving

Calories: 33

Total Fat

1.5g

    Saturated Fat

0.2g

    Trans Fat

0g

    Polyunsaturated Fat

0.8g

    Monounsaturated Fat

0.3g

Cholesterol

0mg

Sodium

216.9mg

Total Carbohydrates

5.5g

    Dietary Fiber

3.6g

    Sugars

0.9g

Protein

1.5g

Calcium

3.2%

Iron

10.2%

Potassium

198.7mg

Vitamin A

74.5%

Vitamin C

1.3%

*Nutritional information will vary depending on the brands you use.


*Adapted from Sift and Simmer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...