Wednesday, August 10, 2022

Spicy Szechuan Noodles with Ground Turkey

Spicy Szechuan Noodles with Ground Turkey: Savory Sweet and Satisfying

I love easy and flavorful meals. Especially meals that I can prepared in around 30 minutes. Now if I can only remember to plan ahead and get the meat defrosting the day before, so it is actually ready when I need it. 

The original recipe used ground beef and therefore beef broth, but like always I substituted the ground beef for ground turkey. Making that substitution always leaves me wondering what broth to use. Turkey broth is hard to find, I even have trouble finding it around Thanksgiving. I usually end up using chicken broth because that is the type of broth I use most often, although I have sometimes used vegetable broth, if I have some leftover that needs to be used up. When I went to make this recipe I actually had some leftover beef broth so I used that. 

I could be wrong, but I feel like the beef broth added more flavor than chicken broth would have. Either way this dish is delicious and one I look forward to making again.

Spicy Szechuan Noodles with Ground Turkey

Ingredients:

  • 1 pound ground turkey
  • 2 tablespoons sesame oil
  • 1 1/2 cups diced yellow onions
  • 2 teaspoons minced garlic
  • 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
  • 2 tablespoons cornstarch
  • 3/4 cup low sodium beef broth
  • 1/3 cup hoisin sauce
  • 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
  • 8 ounces angel hair pasta
  • 1/2 cup chopped green onions, green tops only

Directions:

  1. In a large skillet, over medium-high heat, cook the ground turkey until completely cooked and crumbled. Drain the ground turkey and set aside.
  2. In the same skillet, add in the sesame oil and heat until hot. Add in the onions, garlic, red pepper flakes and ginger. Stir and sauté until tender.
  3. Meanwhile, cook the pasta according to the package directions and drain well.
  4. In a small bowl, whisk together the cornstarch and beef broth. Pour the mixture into the onion mixture and stir to mix. Bring the mixture to a boil while stirring constantly and boil for 1 minute, while continuing to stir constantly. Remove the skillet from the heat and add the ground turkey back in, stir well.
  5. Add in the pasta and toss to mix. Sprinkle with green onions.
Enjoy!!!


Nutrition Facts

Servings: 4

Amount Per Serving

Calories: 502

Total Fat

16.7g

    Saturated Fat

4.5g

    Trans Fat

0g

    Polyunsaturated Fat

3g

    Monounsaturated Fat

2.8g

Cholesterol

80mg

Sodium

778mg

Total Carbohydrates

58.6g

    Dietary Fiber

3.6g

    Sugars

11.1g

Protein

31.7g

Calcium

2.6%

Iron

20.9%

Potassium

47.7mg

Vitamin A

8.9%

Vitamin C

4.9%

*Nutritional information will vary depending on the brands you use.


*Adapted from Detours in Life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...