Friday, July 8, 2022

Teriyaki Sliders

Teriyaki Sliders: Savory Sweet and Satisfying

Recently I was cleaning out my freezer and came across some left over teriyaki sauce and decided I needed to use it up in a recipe. So after I let it thaw, I measured it out and realized I didn't have enough. So I made another batch of teriyaki sauce, which meant I would need to make another recipe to use it up since I didn't want it getting forgotten about in the freezer again. Well, that one recipe turned into 2 more plus another batch of sauce. But thankfully after 4 teriyaki recipes I had used up all of my teriyaki sauce. 

My children are not fans of teriyaki sauce and with these sliders that was okay with me, that meant more for me and my husband. I had no problem eating these for lunch as leftovers. The teriyaki sauce combined with sweet pineapple, provolone cheese, teriyaki barbecue sauce and mayo is such an unexpected delicious combination. 

Teriyaki Sliders

Ingredients:

  • 1 pound ground turkey
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
  • 1/4 cup teriyaki sauce
  • 1/4 cup panko bread crumbs
  • 1 package 12 King's Hawaiian mini rolls
  • 3 slices provolone cheese
  • 6 canned pineapple rings
  • teriyaki barbecue sauce
  • light mayonnaise

Directions:

  1. In a large bowl, combine the ground turkey, ginger, teriyaki sauce and panko. Divide the mixture into 12 pieces and shape them into patties. 
  2. Cook the patties your preferred method.
  3. Meanwhile, cut the cheese slices into 4 pieces. Place a piece of cheese onto the burgers just before they are done cooking to melt the cheese.
  4. Cut the pineapple rings in half and place 1 half on the bottom of each roll, followed by a patty. Spread the top of each patty with about 1 teaspoon of teriyaki barbecue sauce. Spread a little bit of mayo on the top half of the roll and place on top of the patty.
Enjoy!!!


Nutrition Facts

Servings: 12

Amount Per Serving

Calories: 211

Total Fat

7.8g

    Saturated Fat

3.6g

    Trans Fat

0g

    Polyunsaturated Fat

0.7g

    Monounsaturated Fat

0.3g

Cholesterol

47.4mg

Sodium

306.3mg

Total Carbohydrates

23.9g

    Dietary Fiber

0.3g

    Sugars

11.2g

Protein

12.5g

Calcium

0%

Iron

7.3%

Potassium

36mg

Vitamin A

0%

Vitamin C

6.3%

*Nutritional information will vary depending on the brands you use.


*Adapted from Real Mom Kitchen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...