Wednesday, February 2, 2022

Mixed Berry Oatmeal

Mixed Berry Oatmeal: Savory Sweet and Satisfying

I like my oatmeal made with milk. I feel it makes the oatmeal creamier, plus, I am not a milk drinker. I use milk in my cereal, which I do not eat often because it does not keep my full for very long. So any time I can get some milk in my diet I take advantage of it, and bonus, I think oatmeal taste better with milk. And then when you add in some berries, vanilla and a few other ingredients, oatmeal taste even better!

Mixed Berry Oatmeal

Ingredients:

  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 1/2 cup frozen mixed berries
  • 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1/2 tablespoon maple syrup
  • 1/2 cup old fashioned oats

Directions:

  1. In a small saucepan, stir together the milk, berries, cinnamon, vanilla and maple syrup. Heat over medium-high heat just until it starts to boil.
  2. Stir in the oats and reduce the heat to medium-low. Cook stirring occasionally, crushing the berries with the back of a spoon, until the oats are tender and cooked to your liking, about 3-5 minutes.
Enjoy!!!


Nutrition Facts

Servings: 1

Amount Per Serving

Calories: 263

Total Fat

4.3g

    Saturated Fat

1.3g

    Trans Fat

0g

    Polyunsaturated Fat

1g

    Monounsaturated Fat

1g

Cholesterol

5mg

Sodium

70.2mg

Total Carbohydrates

48.4g

    Dietary Fiber

5.7g

    Sugars

19.1g

Protein

9.5g

Calcium

16.3%

Iron

12.1%

Potassium

202mg

Vitamin A

6%

Vitamin C

11%

*Nutritional information will vary depending on the brands you use.


*Adapted from Lovely Little Kitchen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...