Thursday, May 7, 2020

Fluffernutter Sandwich

Fluffernutter Sandwich: Savory Sweet and Satisfying

A few years ago when we got a new dog, I nicknamed him Fluffernutter when his hair would get long and fluffy. I have not idea why that name came to me but it did and to this day I still call him that when his white hair gets long and fluffy.

A few months ago I was thinking about how I got the name fluffernutter and I think I remember hearing it before, but had no clue what it meant or what it was. So the only logical thing to do is google fluffernutter and see what I find. Well, the most common use of the word is to describe a sandwich made with peanut butter and marshmallow fluff. I then began to wonder if I've ever heard of that sandwich, I know for a fact I've never eaten one, but not really sure if I knew about the sandwich.

The only thing to do next is try the sandwich and introduce my family to it. There is really nothing to this sandwich, it is as simple as spread some marshmallow fluff on one piece of toasted bread and spread some peanut butter on another piece of toasted bread and then put the two pieces together and enjoy!

My whole family loves this sandwich, it is really good and makes a great special lunch. I had to tell my girls that this was not an everyday kind of lunch but a once in awhile kind of lunch. If you never tried this sandwich I suggest you give it a try, it is really a delicious sandwich.

Fluffernutter Sandwich

Ingredients:

  • 2 slices bread
  • peanut butter
  • marshmallow fluff

Directions:

  1. Toast both slices of bread.​
  2. Spread peanut butter on one slice of bread.
  3. Spread marshmallow fluff on the other slice of bread.
  4. Put both slices of bread together.
Enjoy!!!

Notes:
I am not providing nutritional information, since you can put on as much or little as you want. Just try and put somewhat equal amounts of peanut butter and marshmallow fluff. It's like making a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, you want to be able to taste both fillings with the bread.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...