Thursday, February 6, 2020

Flank Steak Marinade

Flank Steak Marinade: Savory Sweet and Satisfying

We don't eat red meat often and back during Christmas time I was struggling with what meat to serve. Nobody wanted turkey since we just had it at Thanksgiving. Half of us are not big fans of ham, and are willing to have it at Easter, but not Christmas was well. Pork has never been a big hit with the family, no matter how I cook it or what type, except for bacon or sausage. My husband came up with the idea to do steak and volunteered to cook it. That sounded great to me, because I remembered this marinade that I pinned awhile ago, so now I had the chance to try it and better yet it it would be one less thing I had to worry about cooking on Christmas.

My husband and I loved this marinade. The flank steak tasted so good, this might just become our yearly Christmas meat, even though our girls were not huge fans of it.

Flank Steak Marinade

Ingredients:

  • 1 flank steak, about 1 1/2 pounds
  • 1/2 cup soy sauce
  • 3 tablespoons brown sugar
  • 2 tablespoons lemon juice
  • 1 small yellow onion, diced
  • 4 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
  • 2 tablespoons canola oil

Directions:

  1. Use a sharp knife and score each side of the flank steak in a criss-cross pattern.
  2. Place the steak into a gallon sized resealable bag.
  3. In a small bowl whisk together the remaining ingredients and pour into the bag with the flank steak. Turn the bag a few times to coat the steak in the marinade.
  4. Refrigerate the steak and allow to marinate overnight.
  5. When ready, cook the steak your preferred way and allow to rest for 10 minutes before slicing.
Enjoy!!!

Notes:
My husband cooked the steak in an electric skillet.

I am not providing nutritional info for this recipe since it is hard to know how much marinade is absorbed into the meat. *Adapted from Landeelu.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...