Tuesday, January 21, 2020

How to Make Quick Cook Oats

How to Make Quick Cook Oats: Savory Sweet and Satisfying

I always have old fashioned oats in my kitchen. Quick cook oats on the other hand, I hardly ever have. If I do happen to buy them for a recipe they sit around for quite awhile, since I rarely use them. Recently, I came across a recipe that called for quick cook oats and I thought it would be perfect for using up the container I have had for who knows how long. But as it turned out I did not have enough, I did not want to buy a new container, so I decided to try and find a way to make old fashioned oats work.

I really did not have much hope for finding a way to make old fashioned oats work, but I ended up finding a way to use old fashioned oats in place of quick cook oats. Turns out quick cook oats are the same as old fashioned oats, just smaller pieces. So, breaking down the old fashioned oats into smaller pieces will make them work in a recipe that calls for quick cook oats. It won't look exactly like quick cook oats, but it saves you from having to buy two different types of oats.

How to Make Quick Cook Oats: Savory Sweet and Satisfying

To make quick cook oats, take the amount of quick cook oats needed and measure out a slightly heaping scoop of old fashioned rolled oats. Add the oats to a food processor and pulse 5 times. After the 5th pulse, stir the oats to make sure they are not getting broken up too much. Then pulse 5 more times stirring after each pulse. You may not need to pulse 10 times, you are looking for some smaller pieces and some slightly larger broken up pieces. If you pulse too much it will start to turn into oat flour.

Enjoy!!!
*Adapted from Eat Healthy, Eat Happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...