Tuesday, January 7, 2020

Cherry Dark Chocolate Overnight

Cherry Dark Chocolate Overnight: Savory Sweet and Satisfying

I made this recipe over the summer and somehow I thought I had blogged it, then I realized I didn't and then I couldn't find the pictures and then with the holidays I focused more on seasonal flavors like egg nog and pumpkin. Well, now that the holidays are over I am finally getting around to blogging these overnight oats.

All I have to say about these oats, is delicious! The tart cherries mixed with the creamy oats with a little bit of dark chocolate is such a delicious way to start the day.

Cherry Dark Chocolate Overnight

Ingredients:

  • 1/2 cup old fashioned rolled oats
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 1/4 cup non fat greek yogurt
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1/2 cup tart frozen cherries
  • 1 tablespoon dark chocolate chips, roughly chopped

Directions:

  1. Add the oats, milk yogurt and vanilla extract to a mason jar or other sealable container and stir together.
  2. Add in the cherries and gently stir to combine.
  3. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
  4. In the morning add in the chocolate and gently stir everything together.
Enjoy!!!


Nutrition Facts

Servings: 1

Amount Per Serving

Calories: 295

Total Fat

4.5g

Saturated Fat

1.8g

Polyunsaturated Fat

0.7g

Monounsaturated Fat

0.7g

Trans Fat

0g

Cholesterol

12.5mg

Sodium

128.9mg

Potassium

186.6mg

Total Carbohydrates

32.8g

Dietary Fiber

4.4g

Sugars

23.6g

Protein

18.6g

Vitamin A 31.4% Vitamin C 28%

Calcium 32.8% Iron 8.3%

*Nutritional information will vary depending on the brands you use.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...