Tuesday, July 16, 2019

Marinated Burgers

Marinated Burgers: Savory Sweet and Satisfying

I tried these hamburgers on a whim. I saw the recipe, was intrigued, thought I had all of the ingredients and burgers sounded good for dinner.

When I went to make the burgers I realized the recipe called for seasoning salt, which I don't keep in the house. With my husband having high blood pressure, I try and reduce salt in recipes and seasoning salt is not a seasoning I like to use. So I went through my spice drawer to see what else I could use, hoping to find something, anything.

I came across a jar of salad supreme seasoning and thought what the heck, I've got nothing else that would work so why not.

I have never thought to marinate a burger, but am so glad someone else did. These burgers are so flavorful.

Marinated Burgers

Ingredients:

  • 3 tablespoons lemon juice
  • 1 1/2 tablespoons salad supreme seasoning
  • 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
  • 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
  • 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon steak sauce
  • 1 tablespoon canola oil
  • 1 cup low sodium beef broth
  • 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1 teaspoon white vinegar
  • 1 1/2 pounds ground turkey
  • 4 hamburger buns

Directions:

  1. In a medium bowl whisk together all of the ingredients, except the ground turkey.
  2. Shape the ground turkey into 4 patties.
  3. Place the patties into a sealable container and pour the marinade over top.
  4. Cover the container and refrigerate for 6 hours turning frequently, if the marinade does not completely cover all of the patties.
  5. Cook the burgers your preferred way.
  6. Place the burgers on the bottom half of a bun and top with your desired toppings. Place the top half of bun on top.
Enjoy!!!

Notes:
You can substitute seasoning salt for the salad supreme seasoning. I have never tired it that way, but am confident it will be delicious and besides most of you probably have seasoning salt and not salad supreme seasoning on hand.

Nutritional info does not include any toppings you add.


Nutrition Facts

Servings: 4

Amount Per Serving

Calories: 404

Total Fat

17.5g

Saturated Fat

5.5g

Polyunsaturated Fat

1.5g

Monounsaturated Fat

2.1g

Trans Fat

0g

Cholesterol

120mg

Sodium

729.3mg

Potassium

69mg

Total Carbohydrates

28.4g

Dietary Fiber

1.1g

Sugars

4.8g

Protein

37.7g

Vitamin A 0.1% Vitamin C 8.3%

Calcium 4.7% Iron 23.3%

*Nutritional information will vary depending on the brands you use.


*Adapted from Genius Kitchen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...