Tuesday, June 18, 2019

Coffee Oatmeal Smoothie

Coffee Oatmeal Smoothie: Savory Sweet and Satisfying

I LOVE coffee! I can't go a day without my coffee. Well, okay I can go a day without coffee, but I prefer not to. Coffee just makes me happy. So the idea of incorporating coffee into a smoothie was something I needed to do. 

This smoothie was perfect for after my long run on Sunday. I do not have time to make and drink coffee before church, so I have to wait until after church to get my coffee fix. With getting up early to get in my long run and then sitting in church without any coffee yet, I get sleepy. This smoothie was not only delicious, but kept me full until after church, and the little bit of coffee in it helped to keep me awake. Now I need to find some more coffee smoothies for my Sunday long runs.


Coffee Oatmeal Smoothie

Ingredients:
  • 1 frozen banana, cut into chunks
  • 3/4 cup strong brewed coffee, chilled
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 1/3 cup old fashioned rolled oats
  • 1/3 cup plain Greek yogurt
Directions:
  1. Add all of the ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth.
Enjoy!!!


Nutrition Facts

Servings: 1

Amount Per Serving

Calories: 301

Total Fat

3.4g

Saturated Fat

1.2g

Polyunsaturated Fat

0.8g

Monounsaturated Fat

0.7g

Trans Fat

0g

Cholesterol

8.4mg

Sodium

94.3mg

Potassium

869.1mg

Total Carbohydrates

55.8g

Dietary Fiber

6g

Sugars

23.8g

Protein

14.8g

Vitamin A 6.6% Vitamin C 19.3%

Calcium 21.6% Iron 7.3%

*Nutritional information will vary depending on the brands you use.


*Adapted from Leave Eat Learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...