Wednesday, March 6, 2019

Pineapple Banana Smoothie

Pineapple Banana Smoothie: Savory Sweet and Satisfying

One of the basic rules of cooking is to use a glass measuring cup for liquids and the plastic ones for dry ingredients. When I went to make this smoothie my small glass measuring cup was dirty and I did not want to get my other one dirty, so I cheated and used a plastic measuring, because I had just used it for the pineapple. My 6 ounce can of pineapple juice filled my 1 cup measuring cup to the top, which is equivalent to 8 ounces dry ingredients. This just goes to show how important it is to use the correct measuring cup when measuring dry and wet ingredients. I've always know the importance, but seeing just confirms it for me.

This smoothie has a nice tropical flavor to it and makes me think/dream of warmer days. I can't wait to be able to go for a run without having to wear many layers of clothes and can use my wireless ear buds again. Until then I have this smoothie to help get me through this cold winter.

Pineapple Banana Smoothie

Ingredients:

  • 1 cup frozen pineapple
  • 1 frozen banana, cut into chunks
  • 1 cup pineapple juice
  • 1/2 cup fat free Greek yogurt

Directions:

  1. Add all of the ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth.
Enjoy!!!

Notes:
If the smoothie is too thick, add a little bit more pineapple juice.


Nutrition Facts

Servings: 1

Amount Per Serving

Calories: 375

Total Fat

0.4g

Saturated Fat

0.1g

Polyunsaturated Fat

0.1g

Monounsaturated Fat

0g

Trans Fat

0g

Cholesterol

5mg

Sodium

58.7mg

Potassium

932.4mg

Total Carbohydrates

78g

Dietary Fiber

5.1g

Sugars

59.9g

Protein

15.3g

Vitamin A 11.5% Vitamin C 377.1%

Calcium 15.1% Iron 7.7%

*Nutritional information will vary depending on the brands you use.


*Adapted from Very Well Fit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...