Wednesday, January 16, 2019

The Best Rice Krispie Treats

The Best Rice Krispie Treats: Savory Sweet and Satisfying

I first came across this recipe in an email, but did not pay much attention to it. I already like the way I make Rice Krispie Treats and so does my family. I then saw the recipe numerous times on Pinterest. It got to the point where every time I logged into Pinterest I saw this recipe. So I finally decided to give the recipe a look. After looking at the recipe and seeing how much Brown Eyed Baker loved it and would base all of her Rice Krispie Treat recipes after this one recipe I felt the need to give them a try.

My whole family agreed that these were the best! They were lighter than my Rice Krispie Treats, but still had the extra marshmallow flavor that we love. From now on this will be my go to Rice Krispie Treat recipe.

The Best Rice Krispie Treats

Ingredients:

  • 10 tablespoons unsalted butter
  • 20 cups miniature marshmallows, divided
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 12 cups Rice Krispies cereal

Directions:

  1. Spray a 9x13 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
  2. In a large pot, over low heat, melt the butter and 16 cups of marshmallows, stirring occasionally until the marshmallows are just melted and incorporated into the butter.
  3. Stir in the vanilla extract.
  4. Remove the pot from the heat and add in the Rice Krispies. Stir until the Rice Krispies are evenly coated with the marshmallow mixture.
  5. Add in the remaining 4 cups of miniature marshmallows and stir to combine.
  6. Transfer the mixture to the prepared baking dish and firmly press into an even layer that is well packed down.
  7. Allow the Rice Krispies to set at room temperature for 30 minutes before cutting.
Enjoy!!!

Notes:
There are about 6 cups of mini marshmallows in a 10 ounce bag, so you will need 4 bags.

When I measure my marshmallows for Rice Krispie Treats it always ends up being more of a heaping cup.

For the Rice Krispies cereal you will need the family size box which is 24 ounces.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...