Tuesday, January 1, 2019

Coffee Pudding


Happy New Year!!! 

I know most people start off the year with healthy recipes and trying to eat right, but this recipe is too good not to share right away. 

Coffee Pudding: Savory Sweet and Satisfying

My husband is a huge pudding fan and I tired a homemade vanilla pudding once and it was not a huge success.  There was just something off about the pudding, it was not what I was expecting it to taste like. So I put the idea of homemade pudding on hold, that was until I saw a recipe for coffee pudding and that recipe made me want to try homemade pudding again.

I am so glad I tried homemade pudding again. This was delicious! Tasted just as I expected too, creamy pudding with coffee flavor. This pudding is a must for any coffee lovers!

Coffee Pudding

Ingredients:
  • 5 egg yolks
  • 1 1/2 cups half and half
  • 1/2 cup freshly brewed strong coffee, slightly cooled
  • 3/4 cup granulated sugar
  • 1/4 cup cornstarch
  • 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, cubed
Directions:
  1. In a medium bowl add in the egg yolks and lightly beat.
  2. Add in the half and half and lightly whisk.
  3. Very slowly drizzle in the coffee while whisking constantly, you do not want to scramble the egg yolks.
  4. In a medium saucepan, add in the sugar and cornstarch. Whisk to combine.
  5. Slowly pour the coffee mixture into the saucepan while whisking constantly, until smooth.
  6. Place the saucepan over medium heat and whisk constantly until the mixture comes to a boil.
  7. Once the mixture reaches a boil continue to whisk until the mixture has thickened, about 2 minutes.
  8. Remove from the heat and whisk in the butter. Continue to whisk until the butter is completely melted and incorporated.
  9. Transfer the mixture to bowl.
  10. Place plastic wrap on top of the pudding and refrigerate at least 2 hours or until the pudding is completely chilled.
Enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...