Friday, July 27, 2018

Tuna Melt Quesadillas

Tuna Melt Quesadillas: Savory Sweet and Satisfying

Lately I have been on a quesadilla kick. It all started because I needed some tortillas for a recipe, but ended up with some leftover. So I decided to make some quesadillas with the leftovers, but did not have quite enough, so I bought more. Then I ended up with more leftover tortillas, so I made another quesadilla recipe and so on. I think I went through three or four quesadilla recipes before I was finally out of tortillas.

For this last batch of quesadillas, I challenged my husband to turn his tuna melts into a quesadilla. He did so with no problems and they tasted delicious.

Tuna Melt Quesadillas

Ingredients:

  • 2 flour tortillas
  • 1/2 cup prepared tuna salad
  • 1/3 cup monterey jack cheese

Directions:

  1. Heat a non-stick skillet over medium heat.
  2. Place 1 tortilla into the skillet and top with the tuna salad and then the cheese.
  3. Place the other tortilla on top.
  4. Cook until the bottom tortilla begins to turn golden brown and crispy.
  5. Carefully flip the quesadilla over and cook on the other side until golden brown and crispy.
Enjoy!!!

Notes:
Prepare the tuna salad your favorite way. We use miracle whip, a little dijon mustard, dill pickle relish and sometimes chopped jalapeƱos.

You could substitute the monterey jack cheese for cheddar or even pepper jack cheese.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...