Friday, July 20, 2018

Roasted Jalapeño Dipping Sauce

Roasted Jalapeño Dipping Sauce: Savory Sweet and Satisfying

This dipping sauce was part of a french fry recipe and I almost did not make it. It had been a long day and I just did not feel like roasting the jalapeños, but since I had the jalapeños I did not want them to go to waste so I just made the sauce. I am so glad I decided to make the sauce, it was fantastic. The fry recipe was not a keeper, but the sauce recipe definitely is. It even worked as a dip for carrots, cucumbers and bell peppers.

Roasted Jalapeño Dipping Sauce

Ingredients:

  • 4 jalapeños, halved with seeds and ribs removed
  • 1/4 cup dried cilantro
  • 1 tablespoon lemon juice
  • 1 garlic clove
  • 1 cup olive oil mayonnaise
  • 1 cup sour cream

Directions:

  1. Turn the oven onto broil.
  2. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and place the jalapeños cut side down on the baking sheet.
  3. Roast the jalapeños for 5-10 minutes, or until the skin is blackened.
  4. Transfer the jalapeños to a ziploc bag or a sealable container. Allow to rest for 10 minutes and then peel of the skins.
  5. Place the jalapeños, cilantro, lemon juice, garlic clove, mayonnaise and sour cream into a blender. Blend until smooth and creamy.
Enjoy!!!
*Adapted from House of Yum.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...