Wednesday, April 4, 2018

Cheesy Chicken Noodle Soup


I am so over this crazy weather. It is either cold, snowy or rainy and if we get lucky enough to have a semi-warm day, it is raining. I just keep on dreaming of warm days when I can go for a run and not have to wear a bunch of layers or get wet. I am not sure how much more of this weather I can take.
On the bright side of this crazy weather, it allows me to make and enjoy more soups.

This soup takes chicken noodle soup up a notch with some flavors not found in traditional chicken noodle soup. It still tastes like a chicken noodle soup, but so much better and flavorful.

Cheesy Chicken Noodle Soup

Ingredients:

  • 3 cups shredded chicken
  • 1 can condensed cheese soup
  • 1 cup milk
  • 6 cups low sodium chicken broth
  • 2 stalks celery, diced
  • 2 carrots, thinly sliced
  • 1 ounce ranch seasoning mix
  • 1/2 pound bacon, cooked and crumbled
  • 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
  • 8 ounces dried fine egg noodles, uncooked

Directions:

  1. In a large stockpot add the chicken, cheese soup, milk, chicken broth, celery, carrots, ranch seasoning mix and bacon.
  2. Bring the mixture to boil over medium-high heat.
  3. Once mixture comes to a boil, reduce the heat to a simmer and cook for 20-25 minutes or until the vegetables are soft.
  4. Stir in the cheddar cheese and noodles.
  5. Cooke for 5 more minutes or until the noodles are soft.
Enjoy!!!

Notes:
I used my Homemade Condensed Cheddar Cheese Soup.
*Adapted from Plain Chicken.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...