Friday, March 30, 2018

Chili Lime Tilapia

Chili Lime Tilapia: Savory Sweet and Satisfying

My husband loves fish and I have been making more of an effort to it make more often. When I say more often I mean about once every two or three months, instead of once a year. In this effort to make fish more often I have been trying to pick recipes that I think have enough flavor to disguise the fish or maybe even make it taste good. 

I had such high hopes that this recipe would be a fish recipe that I could eat, but after one bite I could not eat anymore. I just don't like fish! However, my husband absolutely loved this fish and was more than happy to finish my piece.

Chili Lime Tilapia

Ingredients:

  • 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
  • 1 teaspoon chipotle chili powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon cumin
  • 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
  • 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
  • 1 tablespoons olive oil
  • 1/2 lime, juiced
  • 4 frozen tilapia filets, thawed

Directions:

  1. Preheat the oven to 400º F. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper or a silpat.
  2. In a small bowl stir together all of the spices.
  3. In another small bowl whisk together the olive oil and lime juice.
  4. Brush the tops of the filets with the olive oil mixture and rub on the spice mixture.
  5. Bake for 15 minutes.
Enjoy!!!


Nutrition Facts

Serves: 4

Amount Per Serving

Calories 235

Total Fat

7.6g

Saturated Fat

2.5g

Polyunsaturated Fat

0g

Monounsaturated Fat

0g

Trans Fat

0g

Cholesterol

40mg

Sodium

41.1mg

Potassium

18.9mg

Total Carbohydrates

1g

Dietary Fiber

0.2g

Sugars

0.1g

Protein

40.2g

Vitamin A 2.21% Vitamin C 2.56%

Calcium 8.77% Iron 13.65%

*Nutritional information will vary depending on the brands you use.


*Adapted from Inside BruCrew Life

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...