Thursday, February 22, 2018

Brown Sugar Sriracha Bacon

Brown Sugar Sriracha Bacon: Savory Sweet and Satisfying

When I am trying out a new recipe, I look to my family to give me their opinions. I will not post a recipe on this blog unless at least half of us think the recipe is really good. And my husbands and my opinion count a little bit more than my two girls.

This is the first recipe that I am posting where I am the only one who liked it. My youngest who does not like anything remotely spicy would not try it. My oldest who likes some spicy foods tried it, but said it was way too spicy. My husband ate a few pieces of the bacon, but said it too spicy.

I have to tell you that this bacon does pack a huge spicy kick, but also has a sweetness to it from the brown sugar. I loved this bacon and gladly ate the leftovers that nobody else wanted to eat.

Brown Sugar Sriracha Bacon

Ingredients:

  • 1/4 cup sriracha sauce
  • 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
  • 10 slices thick cut bacon

Directions:

  1. Preheat the oven to 325º F.
  2. Line 2 baking sheets with foil and place cooling racks on top. Spray the cooling racks generously with cooking spray.
  3. In a medium bowl, stir together the sriracha and brown sugar.
  4. Working with 1 piece of bacon at a time, add it to the sriracha and brown sugar sauce and coat both sides.
  5. Place the bacon on the prepared cooking rack and repeat until all of the bacon has been coated.
  6. Bake for 30-45 minutes or until the bacon is almost crispy.
  7. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 5-8 minutes, moving the bacon pieces every few minutes to prevent them from sticking.
  8. The bacon will continue to crisp a little as it cools.
Enjoy!!!

Notes:
I used low sodium turkey bacon.


Nutrition Facts

Serves: 10

Amount Per Serving

Calories 52

Total Fat

2g

Saturated Fat

0.5g

Polyunsaturated Fat

0g

Monounsaturated Fat

0g

Trans Fat

0g

Cholesterol

10mg

Sodium

207.6mg

Potassium

33.3mg

Total Carbohydrates

6.6g

Dietary Fiber

0g

Sugars

6.5g

Protein

2g

Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 4.8%

Calcium 0.45% Iron 0%

*Nutritional information will vary depending on the brands you use.


*Adapted from Taste and Tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...