Friday, December 22, 2017

Garlic Butter Tilapia

Garlic Butter Tilapia: Savory Sweet and Satisfying

On my blog you will not find a whole lot of fish recipes, because I do not like fish, except for tuna fish from the can. But my husband loves fish, so I am going to try and do a better job of making fish once in a while for him. Plus one of my daughters likes fish as well.

With this recipe I am relying solely on my husband's and oldest daughters opinion. They both loved it and said I could make it again for them. I really tried to eat a piece, in fact I got about halfway through a piece, although my husband claims it was more like a 1/3. But I could not get past the taste and texture of the fish. 

Garlic Butter Tilapia

Ingredients:
  • 1/3 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
  • 1 tablespoon brown sugar
  • 1 tablespoon lemon juice
  • 3 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
  • 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
  • 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
  • black pepper, to taste
  • 2 pounds tilapia
Directions:
  1. Preheat the oven to 375º F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil, allowing enough for folding around the fish.
  2. In a small bowl stir together the butter, brown sugar, lemon juice, garlic, oregano, thyme, rosemary and black pepper.
  3. Place the tilapia on the prepared baking sheet.
  4. Evenly spread the butter mixture on the fish.
  5. Bring the sides of the aluminum over the fish and fold together sealing the fish in a packet.
  6. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the fish is cooked through and can easily be flaked with a fork.
  7. Serve the fish and drizzle the top with any butter mixture left in the foil packet.
Enjoy!!!

Notes:
I used 6 fillets of tilapia, but you could use 1- 2 pound piece.


Nutrition Facts

Serves: 6

Amount Per Serving

Calories 200

Total Fat

11.8g

Saturated Fat

7.2g

Polyunsaturated Fat

0g

Monounsaturated Fat

2.7g

Trans Fat

0g

Cholesterol

46.6mg

Sodium

20.4mg

Potassium

12.1mg

Total Carbohydrates

2.9g

Dietary Fiber

0.2g

Sugars

2.1g

Protein

20.1g

Vitamin A 5.49% Vitamin C 2.57%

Calcium 4.77% Iron 7.07%

*Nutritional information will vary depending on the brands you use.


*Adapted from Damn Delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...