Monday, November 13, 2017

Pumpkin Spice Oatmeal Balls

Pumpkin Spice Oatmeal Balls: Savory Sweet and Satisfying

Cooking with kids is such an adventure. One of my daughters was helping to make these for her school snack. She measured out the oats and and pumpkin while I did the others. Before we mixed the ingredients I looked at the bowl and noticed it looked like there was not enough oats. So I asked her how much oats she put in and she said 2 cups like the recipe says. I asked her if she was sure because it does not look like enough. But she was sure, so I asked her to show me which cup she used. She showed me the half cup. I explained how that was a half cup not a cup and she would have needed 4 of those not two, she of course informed me she knew that. So after some back and forth and her not sure which cup she used I came to the conclusion she only used 2 half cups, even though she says she added enough. That girl can be so stubborn sometime!

So I went to add more oats and realized I did not have enough, I only had just under 1/2 cup, so I added some quick cook oats to make it work and they turned out delicious. The only problem was I could not write up a recipe because I did not know exactly how many oats were in it. Plus I had to drizzle in a little bit more honey. So I set out to remake these again the following week.

The next time I made them I measured, but the mixture was so dry it did not stay together, so I added some more honey and pumpkin, but they still were not staying together the best. So I figured that the quick cook oats were the key to making these stay together better. So again I set out to remake these again hoping this time they would be like the first time.

The third time was the charm, the mixture was not dry and the balls came together. Just make sure when forming these into balls that you keep your hands slightly wet, because it makes it easier to form them into balls.

Pumpkin Spice Oatmeal Balls

Ingredients:
  • 1 1/2 cups old fashioned oats
  • 1/2 cup quick cook oats
  • 1/3 cup canned pumpkin
  • 1/2 cup honey
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
  • 2 tablespoons mini chocolate chips
Cooking Directions
  1. In a large bowl add in all of the ingredients and stir to mix well.
  2. Wet you hands with water and shake off the excess.
  3. Using 1 tablespoon measurer scoop out the mixture and form into a ball.
  4. Store the pumpkin balls in the refrigerator.
Enjoy!!!


Nutrition Facts

Serves: 10, 2 balls each

Amount Per Serving

Calories 118

Total Fat

1.7g

Saturated Fat

0.7g

Polyunsaturated Fat

0.3g

Monounsaturated Fat

0.4g

Trans Fat

0g

Cholesterol

0mg

Sodium

14.5mg

Potassium

24.8mg

Total Carbohydrates

25.9g

Dietary Fiber

1.7g

Sugars

14.7g

Protein

1.9g

Vitamin A 25.41% Vitamin C 0.67%

Calcium 0.51% Iron 4.33%

*Nutritional information will vary depending on the brands you use.


*Adapted from Healthy Maven.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...