Wednesday, September 6, 2017

Moose Tracks Overnight Oats

Moose Tracks Overnight Oats: Savory Sweet and Satisfying

This morning I got up at 5:00 am, drank my yogurt drink and went for just over a 5 mile run. I then got my oldest daughter on the school bus, took a shower and got ready, then had cereal for breakfast at about 7:50 with my youngest daughter and got her on the school bus. I then came home and did some chores around the house. Now at 10:00, I am working on this blog post, and I am hungry! My stomach is growling! I really wish I had made some overnight oats to have for breakfast this morning and then I would not be so hungry right now, 2 hours before I normally eat lunch. Plus these overnight oats were really delicious with fudge mixture in them. It was a delicious treat for breakfast that kept me full until lunch.

Moose Tracks Overnight Oats

Ingredients:

    Oats

  • 1/2 cup old fashioned rolled oats
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 1/4 cup vanilla Greek yogurt
  • 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • Fudge

  • 1/2 tablespoon peanut butter
  • 1/4 teaspoon cocoa powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon honey

Directions:

  1. Place the oats in a mason jar or other resealable container. Add in the milk and stir together with the oats.
  2. Stir the Greek yogurt and vanilla extract together and place on top of the oats.
  3. In a small bowl combine the fudge ingredients, until well blended. Add this fudge mixture to the oats, seal the container and refrigerate overnight.
  4. In the morning stir everything together.
Enjoy!!!


Nutrition Facts

Serves: 1

Amount Per Serving

Calories 292

Total Fat

7.9g

Saturated Fat

1.9g

Polyunsaturated Fat

1g

Monounsaturated Fat

1g

Trans Fat

0g

Cholesterol

6.2mg

Sodium

123.5mg

Potassium

261.8mg

Total Carbohydrates

40.1g

Dietary Fiber

4.7g

Sugars

11.8g

Protein

16.1g

Vitamin A 7.5% Vitamin C 1.01%

Calcium 27.08% Iron 11.39%

*Nutritional information will vary depending on the brands you use.


*Adapted from Fit Foodie Finds.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...