Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Toffee Latte

Toffee Latte: Savory Sweet and Satisfying

Several years ago I had a toffee latte at a local coffee shop. However I only had it once, because the coffee shop changed owners or closed (can't remember which) and I could no longer get it. I happen  to think of that latte a few days ago and decided to try and make my own with out buying a big bottle of those coffee syrups.

Toffee Latte: Savory Sweet and Satisfying

I got really lucky with my first attempt, it worked and tasted great. I never would have guessed how easy it would be to recreate that toffee latte, but it was. Plus I had all of the ingredients on hand so no special trip to the grocery store.

Toffee Latte

Ingredients:

  • 3/4 cup strong brewed coffee
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons toffee bits
  • 1/2 cup milk

Directions:

  1. In a small saucepan heat the milk and toffee over medium low heat. Stir often until the toffee bits have melted.
  2. Pour the coffee into a large mug and pour the milk toffee mixture over top and stir to mix.
  3. Top with whipped cream, if desired.
Enjoy!!!

Notes:
If you want a little froth on the latte, add the coffee and milk mixture to a blender and blend until frothy. Then pour into a mug.


Nutrition Facts

Servings 1

Amount Per Serving

Calories 87

Total Fat

2.5g

Saturated Fat

1.2g

Polyunsaturated Fat

0g

Monounsaturated Fat

0g

Trans Fat

0g

Cholesterol

5g

Sodium

100g

Potassium

306g

Total Carbohydrates

11.8g

Dietary Fiber

0g

Sugars

11.5g

Protein

4.8g

Vitamin A 5% Vitamin C 2%

Calcium 17.5% Iron 0%

*Nutritional information will vary depending on the brands you use.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...