Thursday, September 29, 2016

Simple Chocolate Ice Cream


When I was figuring out what I need to make my youngest daughter's birthday cake. I came to crazy realization that I have never made a plain chocolate ice cream. Not even a chocolate ice cream with things added to it. Now I have made plenty of ice creams and have used chocolate chips, but never a chocolate ice cream.

To be honest, part of the reason I probably have never made chocolate ice cream is because it is not one of my favorites. I would choose vanilla or strawberry over chocolate any day. Although after trying this chocolate ice cream I may make it more often, it was really delicious.

Simple Chocolate Ice Cream

Ingredients:

  • 3/4 cup cocoa powder, sifted
  • 1/2 cup granulated sugar
  • 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
  • 1 cup half and half
  • 2 cups heavy whipping cream
  • 1 tablespoon vanilla extract

Directions:

  1. Place a freezer safe container for storing the ice cream in the freezer.
  2. In a large bowl whisk together the cocoa powder and both sugars.
  3. Add in the half and half and whisk until the sugars have dissolved.
  4. Stir in the heavy cream and vanilla.
  5. Pour the mixture into your ice cream machine and churn according to manufacturer's directions.
  6. Take storage container out of the freezer and transfer ice cream into it. Cover and freeze.
Enjoy!!!
*Adapted from Cuisinart Recipe Booklet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...