Thursday, September 17, 2015

Roasted Green Beans

Roasted Green Beans: Savory Sweet and Satisfying

I remember the first time I roasted broccoli and how much I liked it. Now I almost always roast it. Well, the same thing has happened with green beans. I do not think I have ever eaten roasted green beans, but now that I have, I just may never go back to using the microwave to cook them. Easy to make and delicious, that is my kind of vegetable!

Roasted Green Beans

Ingredients:

  • 1 pound fresh green beans, trimmed if needed
  • 1/4 cup olive oil
  • 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
  • black pepper, to taste

Directions:

  1. Preheat oven to 400º F. Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray.
  2. In a large bowl combine the green beans and olive oil, making sure to completely coat the green bean in oil.
  3. Add in the parmesan cheese and black pepper. Toss to coat the green beans well.
  4. Place the green beans on the prepared baking sheet leaving space in between, you do not want them touching.
  5. Bake for 20 minutes, turning the green beans over halfway through the cooking time.
Enjoy!!!

Notes:
Depending on the size of your baking sheet, you may need two.

Serves: 4
Calories: 181
Total Fat: 15.4g
   Saturated: 2.8g
   Polyunsaturated: 1.5g
   Monounsaturated: 10.4g
   Trans: 0.1g
Cholesterol: 5.4mg
Sodium: 120mg
Potassium: 248.7mg
Total Carbs: 9g
   Dietary Fiber: 3.9g
   Sugars: 1.6g
Protein: 3.8g
Vitamin A: 16.9%
Vitamin C: 30.8%
Calcium: 9.6%
Iron: 7.2%
*The nutritional information will vary slightly depending on the brands you use.
*Adapted from Ann's Entitled Life.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...