Monday, June 17, 2013

Homemade Ranch Seasoning Mix

Homemade Ranch Seasoning Mix

Since my husband has been put on a low sodium diet, I have been trying to do my best at still making dishes he loves, but with lower amounts of sodium. One way I have done this is my making my own ranch seasoning mix.

I found several recipes on the internet and tried them out making changes to fit my family's needs until I found the one we all liked best.

Homemade Ranch Seasoning Mix

Ingredients

  • 2 tablespoons dried parsley
  • 1 teaspoon dried dill
  • 1 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1 teaspoon onion powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
  • 1/2 teaspoon black pepper

Cooking Directions

  1. Mix the above ingredients in a small bowl.
Enjoy!!!

Notes:
The amount above is equivalent to a small package of ranch seasoning mix and can be used in place of the store bought package in any recipe.

Calories: 28.2
Total Fat: 0.2g
   Saturated: 0.0g
   Polyunsaturated: 0.0g
   Monounsaturated: 0.1g
   Trans: 0g
Cholesterol: 0mg
Sodium: 16.5mg
Potassium: 197.5mg
Total Carbs: 6.6g
   Dietary Fiber: 1.5g
   Sugars: 1.7g
Protein: 1.5g
Vitamin A: 7.1%
Vitamin C: 8.4%
Calcium: 7.9%
Iron: 19.9%
*The nutritional information will vary slightly depending on the brands you use.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...