Thursday, July 2, 2020

Bacon Tomato Avocado Chicken Salad


Okay, can we talk about pitas for a minute? I used to buy them often, but haven’t is a few years. When I was planning on making this salad I thought it would taste amazing on pita bread. Not only did I have to go to two different stores to find pita bread, but it did not separate like it used too. Normally I would cut the pita in half and then would be able to separate the pita, creating a pocket for a filling. This pita bread would not separate, so we ended up having to use a whole piece of bread and fold it like a taco. Not the ideal situation, but it worked and the pita bread was a nice compliment to the salad.


This salad, is way more delicious than I was anticipating. I ended up eating more of it than I wanted but it was so yummy that I could not stop. 

During our first serving of the salad, my husband mentioned adding lime juice to the salad next time, cause he thought that would make it taste even better. Since there was some salad left and of course we both wanted more, I suggested trying it now with what was left. Oh my goodness did the lime juice make the salad taste even better and bring out the flavors. And of course after our second serving, there was only a little bit left, definitely not enough worth saving and not enough for a whole serving so we just had to eat it. I think next time I will have to make a double batch of this most delicious salad!

Bacon Tomato Avocado Chicken Salad

Ingredients:

  • 3 chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
  • 7 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
  • 15 grape tomatoes, diced
  • 1 avocado, diced
  • 2/3 cup mayonnaise
  • 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
  • lime jucie, to taste
  • black pepper, to taste

Directions:

  1. In a large bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, garlic powder, onion powder, lime juice and black pepper.
  2. Add in the chicken, bacon, tomatoes and avocado, stir until well combined.
Enjoy!!!

Notes:
For now I have the lime juice listed as "to taste", but will add an amount once I can figure out the right amount of lime juice, but it really does make the salad taste even better as noted above.


Nutrition Facts

Servings: 6

Amount Per Serving

Calories: 368

Total Fat

16.1g

Saturated Fat

3g

Polyunsaturated Fat

4.7g

Monounsaturated Fat

4.9g

Trans Fat

0g

Cholesterol

139.7mg

Sodium

432.4mg

Potassium

763mg

Total Carbohydrates

5.1g

Dietary Fiber

1.9g

Sugars

1g

Protein

50.1g

Vitamin A 5.7% Vitamin C 17%

Calcium 0.4% Iron 7.2%

*Nutritional information will vary depending on the brands you use.


*Adapted from How To This and That.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...